Committed to the Residents of Beaver County
Our commitment to residents of Beaver County began with two fine gentlemen, Dr. H.W. Bernhardy and Dr. D.W. Gressly. In 1955, Dr. Bernhardy led the Beaver County Cancer Society and Dr. Gressly led the Beaver County Heart Association. After breaking the ties to the national organizations, the two groups operated independently. It was in 1988, that the two separate entities merged to become the Beaver County Cancer & Heart Association. Dr. Bernhardy and Dr. Gressly were driven with a sense of mission which is still our guiding force – to serve the people of Beaver County. Dr. Bernhardy and Dr. Gressly started many traditions which we still continue today. One tradition that the Board of Directors will never stray from is that all of the money raised by the Association will stay in Beaver County to serve the people of Beaver County.
Every year, Beaver County Cancer & Heart Association touches the lives of thousands of people. We are proud of our heritage of dedication to Beaver County residents. We are proud of our programs. There is still more that we can do to enhance our mission and serve more residents in our county.
In 2019, our association will be celebrating 64 years of service to the residents of Beaver County.